Thursday, August 23, 2012

Negative Effects of Video Gaming

Of course, when I started playing games, parents and relatives would just tell me that video games were bad and they had several negative effects. But to be very frank, back in 1995 not many could answer a simple question like, 'What is the harm in playing video games anyway?'

So, are there any negative effects of video games? Should we simply take all the video games ever made and dump them into a canal? Well, as someone who has been playing these games for the past thirteen years, it would be only right for me to put down the ill effects of video games that I have experienced.


# Get an intriguing game, like say, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, or Diablo or Dungeon Siege and you will find yourself trying to run through your entire work day and get back to your console or computer to play or continue playing the game. Therefore, not only are you playing the game while you are playing the game, you are playing the game even when you are not playing it.

# All that you hear about gamers being more violent than non-gamers, I cannot say it this way or that, but here I should tell you one of my experiences. Before I used to play games, whenever I used to be stuck in a traffic jam, I would just pout, shrug and look up to the sky, as if a magic bridge would come down for me to complete the journey. And after I have played games like Need for Speed and other racing games, I do get that momentary, fleeting idea that I can just rev up my engine and road rage through the entire traffic. There, you have it, and you can quote me on this one.

# These are apart from the numerous other situations you face like insomnia, sleeplessness in the night, drowsiness in the day if you are a dedicated gamer.

# With every game worth at least $10 a pop, think about the amount of money you are spending on the games. And do not tell me you do not buy a game every month. I tell that to myself every month and all I get is a grin. And apart from the initial cost, think about the subscription costs you pay in if you are into MMORPGs. Of course there are free MMORPGs available, but serious gamers do not like to play along gold hounding Koreans, don't we?

# If you ask a computer whom you would like to inflict physical harm to, chances are the computer will point a trembling finger towards their owners. And the situation gets worse if you use non-genuine copies of computer games on your machine. Non genuine software is simply not good for your machine, but then, who can take their eyes away from those peddlers who sell two or even three games for $10, while if you go into the shop you will get each game for $100.

You'll find other articles all over the Internet going on about the carpal tunnel syndrome and ruined posture and back pain related to gaming, and these are just some of the other negative aspects of video games that should not be ignored.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love playing video games. I am aware of the negative effects but there are some positive points too which proves that video games are not that much bad. Excess of anything is always harmful.
TuTiTu

Post a Comment

ShareThis